April 21st, 2017
Earth Day is this weekend, Saturday, April 22, and we have quite a few fun things going on in the Fairfax area. Here are some creative ways to celebrate, green things you can do at home, and other events for your Earth Day celebrations.
- SpringFest. Fairfax's official Earth Day event takes place on April 29 with SpringFest, a free family event. The festival runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and features a FCPA Healthy Strides Expo with workshops, vendors and activities to help us be healthier and happier, as well as over 75 vendors, exhibitors and food trucks.
- Daniels Run Trail Cleanup. Come help to clean up one of the city's best trails starting at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 22. You'll also get to help create DIY bird feeders from recycled products.
- National Parks Week. Enjoy free admission to the area's National Parks both this week and next. Pay a visit to Great Falls National Park to celebrate Earth Day for free.
- Campfire Flix at Hidden Pond Nature Center. Watch the movie Earth Day in honor of Earth Day! This fun event features movies scripted by the staff at the Nature Center, and it's appropriate for all ages.
- Boost your recycling initiatives. In honor of Earth Day, go over your recycling process in your own home with everyone in your family.
- Take a hike. Get outside and do something in nature to celebrate Earth Day. Take a hike, plan a picnic or plan an outdoor softball game with your friends and family.