March 20th, 2017
Happy first day of Spring! Here are some fun, creative ideas to welcome back the spring season. From great restaurants for outdoor eating to tips for keeping plants and flowers alive in your apartment home, we'll show you the best of the springtime around the Fairfax area.
- Plant an indoor herb garden. Now that the days are longer and the sun is shining once again, it's a great time to plan herbs inside your home. You can snag some simple terra cotta pots from your local hardware or garden store, or invest in a horizontal herb garden that sits right in the window.
- Dine al fresco. There are a number of great restaurants in the Fairfax area that offer al fresco dining when the weather gets warmer. Plan some post-work drinks on the patio at The Wine House, grab a burger at Oh George!, or plan a sushi dinner outdoors at Kona Grill.
- Check out a spring festival. Once the weather warms up, you'll find fun festivals and events going on all over Fairfax. Plan to visit the Spring Festival at Ticonderoga, the National Cherry Blossom Festival, or springtime events at Mount Vernon.
- Try balancing an egg. Have you heard the old folklore belief that you can balance an egg on its end on the day of the vernal equinox? According to this urban legend, because the sun is directly over the equator, an egg will sit upright on its base on the first day of spring. Try it out to see if the science behind this old belief just might be true!
- Spring cleaning. It may not be the most fun spring activity, but there is certainly something to be said about some good, old-fashioned spring cleaning. Once you're done, your home will feel fresh and ready to welcome the Spring season.